If you read my last post, I mentioned there was a teeny, tiny announcement coming. Well, actually as you can see from the title, it’s actually pretty big news. So here we go, rather than keep you waiting, here it is.
I’m writing a book.
Yep, little ole’ me. No freaking clue what I’m doing, but I’m doing it. And not just any book. A fiction, sort of young adult fairy tale novel. I know! I’m a dietitian, what the heck is a dietitian doing writing a fiction novel?! I know this seems totally off the wall and out of no where, but who cares!? Ha.
I’m completely, over the moon in love with sitting down and getting totally consumed and lost in a good book. Especially when it’s a good series and there’s some love and adventure taking place too. So what’s better than reading a book? Writing one. If you think you get lost in a good story, and it’s like the characters become your best friends and then you’re completely lost when the book is over and you have no idea how to continue on with real life….well, when you’re writing a book, you get 10,000 times more lost in the story, 10,000 times closer with the characters (’cause, um, you created them!) AND, the best part, it definitely is gonna take you 10,000 times more time to write a book than it does for you to read it – so you’re fully consumed for way longer.
I’m planning on self-publishing, so no time wasted trying to submit my story, and no hoping and praying that it gets chosen. Nope, I’m doing it all myself. And that’s where the oh my gosh, I have no clue what I’m doing part comes in. But, ya know what? I’ll figure it out. I can’t just let this amazing story, with all these amazing characters that I’m already in love with just stay stagnant in my head, they have to come out. So self-publishing, here I come!
FYI, I don’t care if I make a dime off of this. Seriously, I know that might sound crazy, but for all the reasons I just listed, I’m doing this because I genuinely love it and I hope other people love it as much as I do. If my mom and I are my only readers, oh well! Although, I hope you’ll read it too.
With this I also wanted to give you a little update on the blog. Obviously since I’m going to be devoting a lot of my time to writing, I’m not going to have as much time to be blogging, so my posting is going to decrease a tad. Sorry! But I am done with the hustle and am choosing to not overwhelm my schedule with both writing and blogging all the time – girl’s gotta have some balance! With that said, I still plan to bring you healthy recipes and lettering/calligraphy tips and tricks every so often – cause I still love my old passion of good food and nutrition.
Some new things you’ll see on the blog, is my journey with writing a book. I’ll be posting updates on the book, teasers, possibly giveaways later down the road and just general ramblings about how writing and publishing my first book is going.
Okay, so I’m sure you’re like, so what’s this book gonna be about!!? I’m not going to tell you everything, but here’s some quick bullet points:
- The main character is a woman.
- There’s a love triangle involved.
- It includes some magical components.
- The main character is absolutely NOT going to be perfect and she’s going to make some big mistakes and within these mistakes I plan to illustrate some of God’s Truth in it, but it’s not going to be in-your-face obvious. Think C.S. Lewis’ The Chronicles of Narnia – style.
- Within the main character’s love life I hope to illustrate what real relationships go through – fights, turmoil, and just to hopefully capture that real-life relationships are just that, real. They’re not perfect, you’re significant other doesn’t always call you ‘darling’, he doesn’t always say the right thing and he’s a real human being too. I’m tired of reading romance novels and having these perfect guys that can do no wrong and then I’m left with unrealistic expectations of love. I had to stop reading Nicholas Sparks for this reason!
- I think I have enough material for a FOUR book series….at least!
I think that’s enough for now. I’ve given you a little to go on, and will keep you coming back for more. I’m hoping to do another blog post soon and tell you a little more about the main character and little of her background too. So what you think? Are you excited? What types of books do you like to read? I’d love to hear from you.